"Thus there is close matching, or congruence, between what is being experienced at the gut level, what is present in awareness, and what is expressed to the client"
(Rogers, 1980: 116)
I have successfully combined family life with the work I love. My experiences are varied and my counselling and psychotherapy qualifications include:
- BACP MindEd: Support Young Healthy Minds
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency
- Certificate in Person-Centred Couples / Relationship Counselling
- BA Hons (First Class) in Person-Centred Counselling and Psychotherapy
- The Neuroscience of Caregiving: A Brain Based Attachment Approach to Supporting Traumatised and Vulnerable
Children, Young People, Adults and Families
- Play Therapy
- Suicide Prevention
- Sexual Exploitation Awareness
- Hearing Voices
- Storytelling as Person-Centred Expressive Therapy
- Assessing Risk and Resilience with Young People in the Counselling Process
- Dr. Rachel Freeth: Psychiatry and the Person-Centred Approach
- Risk Taking and Young People
- Alcohol & Substance Misuse: Stage 1 & 2
- Mental Health Awareness
- Protection of Vulnerable Adults (POVA)
- Self-Harm & Suicidal Behaviour
Hello and thank you for visiting my website. If you have arrived on this page it is likely you are looking for somebody to help you connect and understand what you are dealing with. Based in Buderim, I offer a non judgemental, unconditional, confidential and safe environment enabling you to work through your concerns.
My experience includes many years in private practice within The Yew Tree Clinic at the Whiteley GP surgery (UK) and 45 Central Street, London providing Counselling and Psychotherapy services for private clients, professionals, Education providers, Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), General Pratitioners (GP's) and Insurance providers which I continue to do so via Skype. I have also worked with linguistically and culturally diverse client groups both on the Sunshine Coast and the UK within a range of settings including Laurel Place, Mind, NHS, Young People's Counselling Services and 1 Community. During this time I have gained enormous insight and experience working with children, young people, adults, couples and families.
- Clinical Registrant of the Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA)
- Registered Member - British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Registered Member - British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapy Children and Young People (BACP-CYP)
- Accredited Member of the National Counselling Society (NCS)
- Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service
- Proffesional Indeminity and Public Liability
I am an Approved Registered Counsellor & Psychotherapist for various Health Insurance Providers, please feel free to conatct me for further details.
"...as an art it involves freedom within great discipline"
(Brodley, 1999: 81)