"Thus there is close matching, or congruence, between what is being experienced at the gut level, what is present in awareness, and what is expressed to the client"
(Rogers, 1980: 116)
I have successfully combined family life with the work I love. My experiences are varied and my counselling and psychotherapy qualifications include:
- BACP MindEd: Support Young Healthy Minds
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency
- Certificate in Person-Centred Couples / Relationship Counselling
- BA Hons (First Class) in Person-Centred Counselling and Psychotherapy
- The Neuroscience of Caregiving: A Brain Based Attachment Approach to Supporting Traumatised and Vulnerable
Children, Young People, Adults and Families
- Play Therapy
- Suicide Prevention
- Sexual Exploitation Awareness
- Hearing Voices
- Storytelling as Person-Centred Expressive Therapy
- Assessing Risk and Resilience with Young People in the Counselling Process
- Dr. Rachel Freeth: Psychiatry and the Person-Centred Approach
- Risk Taking and Young People
- Alcohol & Substance Misuse: Stage 1 & 2
- Mental Health Awareness
- Protection of Vulnerable Adults (POVA)
- Self-Harm & Suicidal Behaviour
I have vast counselling experience working within various employment settings in the UK and overseas including Mind, NHS, Young People's Counselling Services, 1 Community, a Specialist Sexual Abuse Service, in addition to providing Counselling and Psychotherapy services for Education providers and an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP). During my time spent working here and overseas I gained enormous insight and experience working with and alongside linguistically and culturally diverse client groups.
As a Registered Member of the Accredited Register with the British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapy (BACP), I am bound by their Ethical Framework of Practice and Disciplinary Code of Conduct which can be viewed by visiting www.bacp.co.uk .
I am an Accredited Member of the National Counselling Society (NCS) and fully insured holding Professional Indemnity Insurance.
I hold an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
I am an Approved Registered Counsellor & Psychotherapist for various Health Insurance Providers, please feel free to conatct me for further details.